6 days / 5 nights
departure on request
Day 1: arrival in Romania - Bucharest
Arrival at Bucharest International Airport.
Welcome by your English-speaking guide.
Transfer and check-in at your hotel in Bucharest.
Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 2: Bucharest - breakfast
We will start exploring Bucharest, the capital city of Romania.
The day begins with the visit of the Palace of the Parliament, the second building on Earth, after the Pentagon, built in the ‘80’s, one of Bucharest’s landmarks.
Panoramic tour of Bucharest: Romanian Patriarchal Cathedral, University Square, Revolution Square, Romanian Athenaeum (architectural masterpiece; the main concert hall for one of the most prestigious classical music festivals on Earth: George Enescu Festival) and Union Square.
Afternoon at leisure.
Optional 1: Visit of one of the following museums: Village Museum, National Museum of Art, National History Museum, Natural History Museum or another museum.
Transfer to the hotel.
Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 3: Bucharest - Sinaia - Bran - Brasov - breakfast
Departure to Sinaia.
Arrival in Sinaia.
In Sinaia we will visit Peles Castle, Romania’s most beautiful castle, former Romanian Royal Family summer residence. Today a very rich museum, architectural masterpiece built in German style, between 1875 and 1914.
Our journey continues to Bran, the location of another magnificent castle, the famous Dracula Castle.
Visit Bran Castle, which is listed among the most famous castles on Earth and connected to the Legend of Dracula is today one of Romania’s most prestigious tourist icons.
The first fortified construction at the site of Bran Castle dates from 1211. Throughout the centuries, the castle had many owners, including Queen Mary of Romania. Today, the owner is the Archduke Dominic of Habsburg. Among the most famous guests of the castle, was Vlad the Impaler (or Vlad Tepes, the legendary prince assimilated often with Dracula) in 1462, on his way to Visegrad, the place where he was incarcerated for 12 years.
Departure to Brasov.
Arrival in Brasov.
Transfer at the hotel.
Accommodation in Brasov.
Day 4: Brasov - Urlati - Bucharest - breakfast, lunch
Brasov short walking city tour visiting: City Hall, Council Square, Saint Nicholas Church, Franciscan Monastery, Brasov Fortress, Rope Street (one of the narrowest streets in Europe) and The Black Church considered the icon monument of Brasov.
Departure for Urlati, in a famous winemaking area, located in Prahova County, in the region named Wallachia.
Here, we will visit Urlateanu Manor, a wine cellar built in 1922 and recently restored.
You will have the opportunity to visit the cellar, then after a short presentation on how the wine is made, we will finish, of course, with wine tasting.
You have here the chance to buy some quality Romanian wine for your collection.
We’ll enjoy a traditional lunch, at the property’s restaurant.
After lunch a short walking to enjoy the view and panorama of the hills and vineyards.
Transfer back to your hotel in Bucharest.
Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 5: Bucharest - Snagov (period A) / Targoviste (period B) - Mogosoaia - Bucharest - breakfast
Today you have to choose between:
Period A: Snagov
Today we will follow the footsteps of two Wallachian and respectively Romanian rulers: Vlad Tepes (connected to the Legend of Dracula and founder of Bucharest) and Nicolae Ceausescu (the last Romanian leader during the communist period).
Nicolae Ceausescu and his entourage used Snagov as a weekend retreat, along the shores of the lake and on the edge of Codrii Vlasiei forest. Also in Snagov, on an islet, lies the beautiful Snagov Monastery, where it’s supposed to be Vlad Tepes’s Tomb, we visit this impressive, yet humble monastery.
Short cruise on Snagov Lake.
Traditional lunch on the shores of Snagov Lake.
Period B: Targoviste
Departure for Targoviste, former capital of Wallachia between 1396 and 1459 and then between 1459 and 1714 together with Bucharest (with several interruptions).
Here we visit the Princiary Court of Wallachia, the place from where Wallachia was ruled in the Middle Ages, during the periods when Targoviste was the capital of Wallachia.
This city has very strong connections with Vlad Tepes. He ruled Wallachia from here for three years without interruptions between 1456 and 1459, then he founded Bucharest in 1459 and moved the capital there. However, Targoviste kept the court for more than 250 years, until 1714, when it was eventually moved to Bucharest and remained the only capital of Wallachia.
Common program continues with departure for Mogosoaia.
Visit of Mogosoaia Palace, masterpiece of Brancovenesc architectural style which flourished under its founder, Prince Constantin Brancoveanu who ruled Wallachia between 1688 and 1714.
Return to Bucharest.
Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 6: Bucharest - departure from Romania - breakfast
Transfer to the airport, according with your flight schedule.
Departure from Bucharest International Airport.
Price per person in (€) EURO:
in double room shared 759 EUR/person
in single room 969 EUR/person
- 5 nights accommodation in standard double or single room, breakfast included:
- Bucharest - 2 nights;
- Brasov -1 night;
- Bucharest - 2 nights.
*4 star service at the hotels in Romania, exact locations to be confirmed upon availability;
**accommodation upgrades are available, if needed, please advise;
***the hotels are rated after local standards.
- Transportation in dedicated modern air-conditioned car/ minibus, from arrival at Bucharest International Airport until your departure from Bucharest International Airport, except the periods with time at leisure (morning, afternoon or evening);
*transportation in modern, comfortable car or minivan, according with size of the group.
- 6 breakfasts, at your hotels;
- 1 lunch, at local restaurants, (2 lunches if period A is chosen).
*the restaurants will provide good, quality meals and service;
**wine tasting at Urlateanu Cellar, Urlati.
- English speaking guide;
*guide will be also driver for group of 7 tourists or less;
**separate driver, for group of 8 tourists or more;
***other languages available for the guide, upon request: French, German, Italian, Spanish or others, please contact us.
- City tours or panoramic tours and visits in the following locations:
- Snagov (period A) / Targoviste (period B);
- Mentioned excursions as per program, and entrance fees for the sights to be visited;
**subject to availability, opening hours, changing of schedule, closing days, closure due to restoration, closure for hosting events, etc.).
- Local and government taxes in Romania (except the taxes issued by Immigration Authorities);
- Travel assistance.
**all services will be accommodated by professional staff that will try to ensure a great travel experience!
Price does not include:
- Any air tickets to Romania and from Romania as well as their airport taxes;
- The drinks, except those mentioned express;
- Any expense of personal nature;
- Any optional tours or activities;
- Camera and video camera fees, where applicable;
- Visa fees and visa arrangements;
- Any type of insurance;
- Any cost element which is not expressly mentioned in the chapter “Price includes”.
Please remember that it’s your responsibility to carry the proper travel documents. Also, make sure to see your doctor before your trip for a check-up and ensure that you have valid travel insurance.
1. All visa (if needed) requirements must be fulfilled and these are entirely your responsibility.
2. Make sure you have your passport with you at all times, some visits require presenting it upon arrival. Try to bring at least one copy of your passport and visa (if needed) and keep all documents safe.
3. The program can suffer changes up to 20% in case of modifications in the flight schedule, bad weather or other major force events, taking first into consideration the safety of the tourists and, if possible, without altering the general structure of the trip.
4. Some of the museums in Romania are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
5. This program will act as a contract between parties and / or will be considered as an addendum to a contract already valid.
6. The offer presented above and all the services proposed are subject to availability upon your firm request. No reservations have been made for your trip as of this moment. The rates presented above are subject to change without prior notice according to the regulations and currency fluctuations.