Romanian Orthodox Tour
Day 1: arrival in Romania - Bucharest - Targu Neamt - Oglinzi - dinner
Arrival at Bucharest International Airport.
Welcome by your English-speaking guide.
Departure to Targu Neamt-Oglinzi.
Arrival nearby Targu Neamt, at Oglinzi.
Check in hotel.
Day 2: Oglinzi - Targu Neamt - Suceava - Sucevita - Voronet - breakfast, dinner
Visit of Neamt Medieval citadel.
Departure to Suceava, former Medieval Capital of Moldova Province, between 1388 and 1564. Panoramic city tour of Suceava: Equestrian Statue of Stefan cel Mare, Saint George Church. Departure to Sucevita. On the way, short stop to visit the village of Marginea, famous Romanian ceramic center.
Arrival Sucevita. Visit of the Monastery, UNESCO Patrimony.
Departure for Voronet.
Arrival in Voronet.
Accommodation in Voronet.
Day 3: Voronet - Humor - Moldovita - Borgo Pass - Reghin - Targu Mures - breakfast, dinner
Visit of Voronet Monastery, UNESCO Patrimony, famous for the „Last Supper” painting as well as for its unique „Voronet Blue”. It is considered as „Sixteen Chapel of the East”.
Departure for Humor. Visit of the Monastery, UNESCO Patrimony.
Departure for Moldovita. Visit of the Monastery, also UNESCO Patrimony.
Departure for Bistrita region, through the Borgo Pass, place where Bram Stoker placed the history of his “Dracula” novel.
Stop at “Dracula” Hotel.
Departure for Reghin, “Romanian Violin Industry Capital”.
Visit of a Violin factory.
Departure for Targu Mures.
Accommodation in Targu Mures.
Day 4: Targu Mures - Alba Iulia - Sibiu - breakfast, dinner
Departure to Turda.
Visit of Turda Salt Mine, impressive renovated old salt mine. Departure to Alba Iulia. city tour of Alba Iulia, considered to be Romania’s Union Capital. Departure to Sibiu. Astra Museum visit in Sibiu, one of the richest ethnographic museums on Earth!
Accommodation in Sibiu.
Day 5: Sibiu - Biertan - Sighisoara - breakfast, dinner
Walking city tour of Sibiu, European Cultural Capital in 2007: Large Square, Small Square, Catholic Cathedral, The Lutheran Cathedral of Saint Mary, Orthodox Cathedral, Liar’s Bridge.
Departure for Biertan, the most impressive fortified church in Transylvania, former headquarter of Transylvanian Evangelical Church, for almost three centuries. Departure for Sighisoara, the jewel of Transylvania. Visit of Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, the only citadel in Europe entirely inhabited. Medieval walking city tour: Clock Tower (the best-preserved monument) and the City Museum, Vlad Dracul House, Stag House, Venetian House, Stairs House, Catholic Cathedral on the top of the hill (the third largest Catholic Cathedral in Romania after The Black Church in Brasov and Saint Michael’s Cathedral in Cluj-Napoca).
Accommodation in Sighisoara.
Day 6: Sighisoara - Brasov - Bran/Moeciu - breakfast, dinner
Departure for Brasov.
Medieval city walking tour: City Hall Square, Black Church.
Departure for Bran.
Visit of the famous Bran Castle, connected to Dracula legend.
Accommodation in Bran/Moeciu.
Day 7: Bran/Moeciu - Sinaia - Bucharest - breakfast, dinner
Departure for Sinaia.
visit of Peles Castle, former Romanian Royal Family summer residence.
Departure for Bucharest.
Visit of Parliament Palace, the second largest building on Earth, after the Pentagon in USA, actually the first civil building on Earth (The Pentagon is a military building).
Continue with panoramic tour of Bucharest.
Accommodation in Bucharest.
Day 8: Bucharest - departure from Romania - breakfast
Transfer to the airport, according with your flight schedule.
Departure from Bucharest International Airport.
Price per person in (€) EURO, at 5* hotels / 4* hotels / 3* pensions, available on demand for a group of 15-20 tourists:
in double room shared 769 EUR/person
in single room 999 EUR/person
- 7 nights accommodation in standard double or single room, breakfast included:
- Oglinzi - 1 night;
- Voronet - 1 night;
- Targu Mures - 1 night;
- Sibiu - 1 night;
- Sighisoara - 1 night;
- Bran/Moeciu - 1 night;
- Bucharest - 1 night.
*5 / 4 / 3 star service at the hotels / pensions, exact locations to be confirmed upon availability;
**accommodation upgrades are available, if needed, please advise;
**the hotels are rated after local standards.
- Transportation in dedicated modern air-conditioned minibus, from arrival at Bucharest International Airport until your departure from Bucharest International Airport, except the periods with time at leisure (morning, afternoon or evening);
*transportation in modern, comfortable bus with room for luggage.
- 7 breakfasts, at your hotels;
- 7 dinners, at local restaurants (some with drinks included).
*international/traditional meals will consist of a 3 course menus (entry plateau or soup, main course and desert) plus one bottle of water 0.5l per person;
**the restaurants will provide medium to top quality meals and service.
- English speaking guide;
- City tours or panoramic tours and visits in the following locations:
- Targu Neamt;
- Borgo Pass;
- Targu Mures;
- Mentioned excursions as per program, and entrance fees for the sights to be visited:
- Neamt Medieval Citadel;
- Sucevita Monastery;
- Voronet Monastery;
- Humor Monastery;
- Moldovita Monastery;
- Violin Factory, Reghin;
- Turda Salt Mine;
- Medieval Citadel in Alba Iulia;
- Astra Museum Sibiu;
- Biertan Fortified Church;
- Black Church Brasov;
- Bran Castle;
- Peles Castle;
- Parliament Palace in Bucharest.
*subject to availability, opening hours, changing of schedule, closing days, closure due to restoration, closure for hosting events, etc.).
- Local and government taxes in Romania (except the taxes issued by Immigration Authorities);
- Travel assistance.
**all services will be accommodated by professional staff that will try to ensure a great travel experience!
Price does not include:
- Any air tickets to Romania and from Romania as well as their airport taxes;
- The drinks, except those mentioned express;
- Any expense of personal nature;
- Any optional tours or activities;
- Camera and video camera fees, where applicable;
- Visa fees and visa arrangements;
- Any type of insurance;
- Any cost element which is not expressly mentioned in the chapter “Price includes”.
Please remember that it’s your responsibility to carry the proper travel documents. Also, make sure to see your doctor before your trip for a check-up and ensure that you have valid travel insurance.
1. All visa (if needed) requirements must be fulfilled and these are entirely your responsibility.
2. Make sure you have your passport with you at all times, some visits require presenting it upon arrival. Try to bring at least one copy of your passport and visa (if needed) and keep all documents safe.
3. Some of the museums in Romania are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
4. This program will act as a contract between parties and/or will be considered as an addendum to a contract already valid.
5. The offer presented above and all the services proposed are subject to availability upon your firm request.
6. All the reservations for the requested travel services are made only after the payment confirmation is sent to us. Please note that no services can be guaranteed without receiving the full payment at least 15 days in advance before the arrival of the clients (group).
7. The rates presented above are subject to change without prior notice according to the regulations, currency, availability and season fluctuations.