6 days / 5 nights
departures on request
Culture and Adventure in Transylvania
Beginning of our services
Day 1: arrival in Romania - Cluj-Napoca
Welcome by your English speaking guide.
Transfer at the hotel.
Accommodation in Cluj-Napoca.
Day 2: Cluj-Napoca - Sighisoara - Biertan - Medias - Sibiu - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Departure for Sighisoara.
Arrival in Sighisoara.
Visit of Sighisoara Medieval Citadel, the only citadel in Europe entirely inhabited. Medieval city tour: Clock Tower (the best preserved monument, hosting today City Museum), Vlad Dracul House (here was born in 1431, Vlad Tepes, the legendary prince assimilated often with Dracula Prince), Stag House, Venetian House, School Street, Stair’s House, Catholic Cathedral (or „Church on the Hill”, situated on the top of the hill, the third largest Catholic Cathedral in Romania after The Black Church in Brasov and Saint Michael’s Cathedral in Cluj-Napoca).
Sighisoara is the only medieval citadel in Europe, entirely and continuously inhabitated, since its construction!
Departure to Biertan.
Visit of Biertan Fortified Church, UNESCO Patrimony.
This church, the most beautiful and best preserved among the seven Fortified Churches classified as UNESCO Patrimony, was the headquarter of Saxon Evangelical Church in Transylvania, between 1572 and 1867.
Departure for Sibiu.
Short stop in Medias for a walking medieval city tour.
We continue for Sibiu.
Accommodation in Sibiu.
Day 3: Sibiu - Hunedoara - Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa - Sibiu - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Departure for Hunedoara.
Visit of famous “Hunyadi Castle”, masterpiece of gothic architecture in Transylvania, listed in TOP 25 most famous European Castles.
Departure for Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa.
Stop in Hateg.
We continue to Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa.
Visit of the antique site of former Capital of Roman Dacia, after Romans destroyed Sarmizegetusa Regia, the Capital of Dacia.
Back to Sibiu.
Accommodation in Sibiu.
Day 4: Sibiu - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Walking tour visit of Sibiu, European Cultural Capital in 2007: Grande Square, Little Square, Huet Square, Evangelical Church, Catholic Cathedral, The Lutheran Cathedral of Saint Mary, Orthodox Cathedral, Bridge of Lies, Craftsmen’s Square, Goldsmith Square, City Hall, City Hall Tower, Bruckenthal Museum.
visit of “Astra” Museum, one of the most exquisire Ethnographical Museums on Earth!
Afternoon at leisure.
Accommodation in Sibiu.
Day 5: Sibiu - Alba Iulia - Turda - Cluj-Napoca - breakfast, lunch, dinner
Departure for Alba Iulia, Romania’s Union Capital.
Alba Iulia city tour:
We start with “Reunification Cathedral”, also called “Coronation Cathedral”, was built between 1921 and 1922 . This is the Cathedral, where, on October 15th 1922, was coronated Ferdinand and Maria, as King and Queen of Reunificated Romania, called “Great Romania”.
Visit then Catholic Cathedral of Alba Iulia. Then we will admire Princiary Palace and Equestrian Statue of Mihai Viteazul/Michael the Brave.
Michael the Brave was the first Prince in Romanian history, to achieve Unification of the three historical Romanian Provinces: Transilvania, Moldavia, Tara Romaneasca (Wallachia), on November 01-st 1599.
Nearby are the two buildings of Union Museum and many sculptures/bust of greatest Romanian figures to participate at Romanian Unification at 1st December 1918.
We will visit then „Alba Carolina” Vauban style medieval citadel.
We will complete the tour of the three gates and, if we will have chance, maybe we’ll attend guard change.
At the end of the tour, we will visit the cell where were emprisoned the heroes Horia, Closca and Crisan, the leaders of Horea, Closca and Crisan Revolte, in 1784.
Departure for Turda
Visit of the impressive Turda Salt Mine
Lunch at famous restaurant “Printul Vanator”
Departure for Cluj-Napoca.
Cluj-Napoca city tour: Saint Michael Catholic Church, Orthodoxe Cathedral.
Optional: shopping “Clujana” shoes, porcelain, “Jolidon” lingerie and swimwear, “Terapia” Gerovital creams.
Accommodation in Cluj-Napoca.
Day 6: Cluj-Napoca - departure from Romania - breakfast
Transfer to the airport, according with your flight schedule.
Departure from Cluj-Napoca International Airport.
End of our services
Price per person in (€) EURO, at 4*/ 3* hotels/ pensions, available on demand for a group of 36-40 tourists:
in double room shared from 807 EUR/person
single supplement from 186 EUR/person
- 6 nights accommodation in standard double or single room, breakfast included:
- Cluj-Napoca - 2 nights;
- Sibiu - 3 nights.
*4 / 3 star service at the hotels / pensions, exact locations to be confirmed upon availability;
**accommodation upgrades are available, if needed, please advise;
**the hotels are rated after local standards.
- Transportation in dedicated modern air conditioned minibus, from arrival at Cluj-Napoca International Airport until your departure from Cluj-Napoca International Airport, except the periods with time at leisure (morning, afternoon or evening);
*transportation in modern, comfortable bus with room for luggage.
- 5 breakfasts, at your hotels;
- 4 lunches, at local restaurants;
- 4 dinners, at local restaurants.
*international/traditional meals will consist of a 3 course menus (entry plateau or soup, main course and desert) plus one bottle of water 0.5l per person;
**the restaurants will provide medium to top quality meals and service.
- English speaking guide;
- City tours or panoramic tours and visits in the following locations:
- Ulpia Traiana Sarmizegetusa;
- Alba Iulia;
- Mentioned excursions as per program, and entrance fees for the sights to be visited;
*subject to availability, opening hours, changing of schedule, closing days, closure due to restoration, closure for hosting events, etc.).
- Local and government taxes in Romania (except the taxes issued by Immigration Authorities);
- Travel assistance.
**all services will be accommodated by professional staff that will try to ensure a great travel experience!
Price does not include:
- Any air tickets to Romania and from Romania as well as their airport taxes;
- The drinks, except those mentioned express;
- Any expense of personal nature;
- Any optional tours or activities;
- Camera and video camera fees, where applicable;
- Visa fees and visa arrangements;
- Any type of insurance;
- Any cost element which is not expressly mentioned in the chapter “Price includes”.
Please remember that it’s your responsibility to carry the proper travel documents. Also, make sure to see your doctor before your trip for a check-up and ensure that you have valid travel insurance.
1. All visa (if needed) requirements must be fulfilled and these are entirely your responsibility.
2. Make sure you have your passport with you at all times, some visits require presenting it upon arrival. Try to bring at least one copy of your passport and visa (if needed) and keep all documents safe.
3. Some of the museums in Romania are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
4. This program will act as a contract between parties and/or will be considered as an addendum to a contract already valid.
5. The offer presented above and all the services proposed are subject to availability upon your firm request.
6. All the reservations for the requested travel services are made only after the payment confirmation is sent to us. Please note that no services can be guaranteed without receiving the full payment at least 15 days in advance before the arrival of the clients (group).
7. The rates presented above are subject to change without prior notice according to the regulations, currency, availability and season fluctuations.