6 days / 5 nights
departures on request
Antique and Medieval Transylvania
Beginning of our services
Day 1: arrival in Romania - Cluj-Napoca - Alba Iulia - dinner
Arrival at Cluj-Napoca International Airport.
Welcome by your English-speaking guide.
Transfer and check-in at your hotel in Alba Iulia.
Accommodation in Alba Iulia.
Day 2: Alba Iulia - Dacia’s antique sites - Orastie - breakfast, dinner
Alba Iulia city tour: Reunification Cathedral, Museum of the Union, Michael the Brave Equestrian Statue, Romano-Catholic Cathedral, Alba Carolina Medieval Citadel.
We drive to Orastie area.
Visit one or two of the Dacia’s antiques sites: Sarmisegetusa Regia (former Capital of Antique Dacia), Luncani-Piatra Rosie, Costesti-Cetatuie, Costesti-Blidaru. All these sites were the most important four citadels of Dacian Kingdom, now listed by UNESCO as World Heritage Sites.
We drive back to Orastie.
Accommodation in Orastie.
Day 3: Orastie - Deva - Hunedoara - Ulpia Traiana - Sibiu - breakfast, dinner
Drive to Deva, here we visit the Medieval Citadel.
Drive to Hunedoara home of the most beautiful Baroque Castle in Romania, ‘Hunyad Castle’, built in the 13th century, it was restored between 1446 and 1453 by John Hunyadi.
Departure to Ulpia Traiana Sarmisegetuza, the antique Capital of Roman Dacian Province.
We are in the heart of Ancient Dacia, here it was the Capital of Dacia. The Romans, after the Second War against Dacian Kingdom, destroyed the ancient Capital of Sarmisegetuza Regia and rebuilt it on other location, as Ulpia Traiana Sarmisegetusa, under Roman projects. In this area there are a lot of other Dacian Citadels.
Departure to Sibiu.
Dinner in a Romanian typical restaurant.
Accommodation in Sibiu.
Day 4: Sibiu - Sambata de Sus - Bran - breakfast, dinner
Visit of Sibiu, European Cultural Capital in 2007.
Walking city tour: Large square, Small square, Catholic Cathedral, The Lutheran Cathedral of Saint Mary, Orthodox Cathedral, Liar’s Bridge, Brukenthal Museum, the oldest National Museum in Romania. We visit Astra Ethnographical Museum, one of the richest in the world.
Departure for Bran.
Short stop at Sambata de Sus, here Constantin Brancoveanu one of Wallachia’s rulers, built a monastery at the end of 17th century, orthodox style, built at the footsteps of Fagaras Mountains, an island of spirituality and meditation. Typical Romanian dinner in Bran.
Accommodation in Bran.
Day 5: Bran - Sinaia - Tarlungeni - breakfast, dinner
We visit the Bran Castle wich was built in the 14th century and is one of the most famous medieval castles in Romania, connected to Dracula legend.
Departure to Sinaia. In Sinaia we visit the Peles Castle, the most beautiful romanian castle, former Romanian Royal Family summer residence. Today a very rich museum, architectural masterpiece built in German style, between 1875 and 1914. If the weather will allow us we’ll take the cable car up to 2000 m altitude for a great view over the valley below.
Departure to Tarlungeni, a very peaceful place situated at just a few kilometers from Brasov.
Accommodation in Tarlungeni.
Day 6: Tarlungeni - Brasov - Sighisoara- breakfast, dinner
Departure to Brasov.
Brasov city tour: Black Church, the largest Catholic Cathedral in Romania, the largest cathedral between Vienna and Istanbul. Masterpiece of Gothic style. We continue with the City Hall square.
Departure to Sighisoara. The local medieval citadel was declared by UNESCO ‘Patrimony of the Humanity’, and it’s the only European medieval citadel entirely inhabited. Medieval city tour: Vlad Dracul House, Stag House, Venetian House, Stairs House, Catholic Cathedral on the top of the hill (the third largest Catholic Cathedral in Romania after The Black Church in Brasov and Saint Michael’s Cathedral in Cluj-Napoca). Visit of History Museum, held by Clock’s Tower.
Accommodation in Sighisoara.
Day 7: Sighisoara - Biertan - Medias - Jidvei - Cluj-Napoca - breakfast, dinner
Departure to Biertan. The Medieval Fortified Citadel also declared ‘Patrimony of the Humanity’ by UNESCO. Short stop in Medias, another Transylvanian city with strong German roots.
Departure for Jidvei, one of the most famous wine yards in Romania. We visit the winery and we will take part at a wine tasting ceremony. There is the possibility to buy Romanian famous wines.
Departure to Cluj-Napoca.
Stop at Turda. Visit of Mihai Viteazul (Michael the Brave) monument, built to commemorate the death of the great prince.
We continue to Cluj-Napoca. Cluj-Napoca city tour: Saint Michael’s Cathedral, Orthodox Cathedral, National Theatre, The University.
Accommodation in Cluj-Napoca.
Day 8: Cluj-Napoca - departure from Romania - breakfast
Transfer to the airport, according with your flight schedule.
Departure from Cluj-Napoca International Airport.
End of our services
Price per person in (€) EURO, at 4*/ 3* hotels/ pensions, available on demand for a group of 10-26 tourists:
in double room shared from 850 EUR/person
single supplement from 300 EUR/person
- 7 nights accommodation in standard double or single room, breakfast included:
- Alba Iulia - 1 night;
- Orastie - 1 night;
- Sibiu - 1 night;
- Bran - 1 night;
- Tarlungeni - 1 night;
- Sighisoara - 1 night;
- Cluj-Napoca - 1 night.
*4 / 3 star service at the hotels / pensions, exact locations to be confirmed upon availability;
**accommodation upgrades are available, if needed, please advise;
**the hotels are rated after local standards.
- Transportation in dedicated modern air conditioned minibus, from arrival at Cluj-Napoca International Airport until your departure from Cluj-Napoca International Airport, except the periods with time at leisure (morning, afternoon or evening);
*transportation in modern, comfortable bus with room for luggage.
- 7 breakfasts, at your hotels;
- 7 dinners, at local restaurants (some with drinks included).
*international/traditional meals will consist of a 3 course menus (entry plateau or soup, main course and desert) plus one bottle of water 0.5l per person;
**the restaurants will provide medium to top quality meals and service.
- English speaking guide;
- City tours or panoramic tours and visits in the following locations:
- Alba Iulia;
- Ulpia Traiana;
- Sambata de Sus;
- Mentioned excursions as per program, and entrance fees for the sights to be visited;
*subject to availability, opening hours, changing of schedule, closing days, closure due to restoration, closure for hosting events, etc.).
- Local and government taxes in Romania (except the taxes issued by Immigration Authorities);
- Travel assistance.
**all services will be accommodated by professional staff that will try to ensure a great travel experience!
Price does not include:
- Any air tickets to Romania and from Romania as well as their airport taxes;
- The drinks, except those mentioned express;
- Any expense of personal nature;
- Any optional tours or activities;
- Camera and video camera fees, where applicable;
- Visa fees and visa arrangements;
- Any type of insurance;
- Any cost element which is not expressly mentioned in the chapter “Price includes”.
Please remember that it’s your responsibility to carry the proper travel documents. Also, make sure to see your doctor before your trip for a check-up and ensure that you have valid travel insurance.
1. All visa (if needed) requirements must be fulfilled and these are entirely your responsibility.
2. Make sure you have your passport with you at all times, some visits require presenting it upon arrival. Try to bring at least one copy of your passport and visa (if needed) and keep all documents safe.
3. Some of the museums in Romania are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.
4. This program will act as a contract between parties and/or will be considered as an addendum to a contract already valid.
5. The offer presented above and all the services proposed are subject to availability upon your firm request.
6. All the reservations for the requested travel services are made only after the payment confirmation is sent to us. Please note that no services can be guaranteed without receiving the full payment at least 15 days in advance before the arrival of the clients (group).
7. The rates presented above are subject to change without prior notice according to the regulations, currency, availability and season fluctuations.